October DTS 2006-2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
October DTS 2006-2007

Forum for the Students and Staff of OCT DTS 2006

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

International Travels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonarkle

Jonarkle

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-03-17

International Travels Empty
PostSubject: International Travels   International Travels Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 2:09 am

This is a cool place for people to now talk about new countries they are going to.... SO, people can find out blah blah, I'm not going to explain this, it's pretty self explanatory for those who care enough.

Hey, thanks for checking it out by the way... I was uncertain if i started a new topic if people would be interested.... i guess it's just an insecurity i picked up, but I'm working through it, step one was to start the new topic which i did, but the process in doing so was one of great personal struggle.... especially with spel chek... thinks it knows the proper way to spell aboot, anyways the issue was one that I often struggle with... was the prospect of a forum post even being something that one would want to do... or something that people just wait for others to do, so they can read. I did some reading on this, and found some great insight from the writings of some of the great bloggers of our time, including C.S. Lewis, Edward Norton, and of course roxybabe2000.
The prospect was clear, 'the way' if you will, and now all that was required was the Will. Now, making the carefully considered assumption that Will Newman was not a frequent of this forum, I went after the next will that I could think of, a "last will and testament" if you will, which (of course) then in turn led me to the teachings of Jesus Christ in the New Testament, where I read "to give to Caesar what is Caesars"
well... at the moment I'm in New Zealand, and have not found a Caesar to whome I can give anything! Which put me in quite the rut, so instead I elected to proceed in the forum direction through the methods of the local Hobbits.

Now, being a peaceful Gardening peoples, the Hobbits had very little to do with the violent procedures required to make a forum topic, but I did receive very wise words from a particularly tall elderly hobbit... who told me to keep it secret,and keep it safe, and that I did. Seconds went by which seemed like eternity where I did not tell anyone about the nature or even existence of this topic, and naturally, it's growth was well underway. Then, when I felt the time was right, I began the painstaking process of finding the "new topic" button, a deed which I would wish on no man. When it was found, I clicked. A lone bead of sweat trickled down my intensely furrowed brow as I began to write a monotonous introduction about a forum topic dedicated to the "International Travels" of my comrades of old. A forum that would indeed stand above all others, a forum, not dedicated to just ANY current events, but one that would NOT cause any confusion between those heading out into the rest of the world, a forum of truth and dignity.

Then... Tragedy struck... as my mind took off, and began to confuse the writer, putting fantastical ideas into his mind, such as the strange idea of switching from my first person perspective, to his third. It was indeed a dark time for the "International Travels" forum, but as the wise will tell you (or at least irritating fathers during youth), hardships build character. And that was exactly what happened. The forum Grew, as more and more structure was brought to it, and everything came together, the wisdom of the bloggers of the past met with the peaceful nature of the Hobbits, the Secret was indeed kept safe from Caesar (as of now), and spel chek was indeed set as an option! YES and option!

The International Travels Forum was formed, for the more specific news about those venturing out of their home countries, into the backyards of the rest of the world.
The Forum of Truth
The Forum of Light
The Forum of Dreams.

Yep, so if you have International Travel plans, then post them here instead of getting lost in the "where are you now" forum which is more general.
Back to top Go down
http://jonarkle.blgospot.com
Jonarkle

Jonarkle

PostSubject: Ahem   International Travels Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 1:38 am

Ahem, well, tommorow I am leaving New Zealand...

I was in New Zealand

So that consists of International travels and plans.

(I felt bad that this epic room was being so horribly ignored, for SHAME)
Back to top Go down
james

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: International Travels   International Travels Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 10:47 pm

jon if i was traveling internationaly i would post a reply but im not

but i am thinking about driving my motorbike from brisbane all the way across to perth when i go back in oct its like 4500 km long way i know.

so should i do it??????????
Back to top Go down
Jonarkle

Jonarkle

PostSubject: Nepal   International Travels Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 12:06 am

I'm going to Nepal til the 9th of July.

Huzzah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Travels   International Travels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Travels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
October DTS 2006-2007 :: Updates-