October DTS 2006-2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
October DTS 2006-2007

Forum for the Students and Staff of OCT DTS 2006

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obedience

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pianolouise

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Obedience Empty
PostSubject: Obedience   Obedience Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 11:59 am

Does anyone know about this dude Abraham? How he was utterly willing to offer his own son's life to God, because God told him to. I suppose this isn't a revelation per say, but reading through what this guy did in absolute self sacrificial obedience to God, I am amazed and awed and wondering, wide eyed, once again. It stops me in my tracks, again.

But the best part is when the angel goes "Now that I know that you fear the Lord..." Imagine God saying that, to you. Abraham is one hell of a guy.

His obedience is unfathomable, and the blessings given to him as a result, are representative of the extent of his servitude to the Lord.

Obedience. Its amazing.
Back to top Go down
Jonarkle

Jonarkle

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Obedience Empty
PostSubject: Now...   Obedience Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:04 pm

There interesting test about all that... is what would you do in Abraham's situation?

Like... obviously it's easy to think about obeying God at every step.... but imagine if you were actually put in a situation such as that one, where it came down to actually sacrificing (as in KILLING) someone, because God told you to. Now obviously that won't happen thanks to Jesus, but....

it's really a testing thought eh? It pushes me to realise how full on our dedication to Christ actually is.

Wow... killing your son.
Back to top Go down
http://jonarkle.blgospot.com

Obedience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
October DTS 2006-2007 :: Revelations-
Jump to: